The cool, refreshing escape on a hot summer day. The sound of children splashing and endlessly entertaining themselves. The perks of hosting cookouts, reunions and parties in your own backyard. There are countless benefits to installing an inground pool in your yard, yet while many Texas residents see the value of a brisk swim during scorching temperatures, the biggest barrier to getting a pool is often cost.
Texas is in the top 10 pool loving states, and it is estimated that there are more than a half a million inground pools in the state. However, the cost of building a swimming pool in Texas can vary widely, depending on the size of the pool, the type of materials used, the local regulations and permits required, and any additional features—such as landscaping, decking and fencing. Homeowners in Texas can be expected to pay between $30,000 and $150,000 on average for the installation of an in-ground pool.
When estimating the average cost to build an inground swimming pool in Liberty Hill, Texas, there are several factors to consider. These include:
- Fiberglass vs. Concrete. While fiberglass pools are often slightly less expensive to install and may require less maintenance, they are also less durable and customizable than concrete pools. For example, fiberglass pools are limited in the depth they can accommodate as well as the pool designs and finishes available.
- Local surveys and permits. Depending on where you live in Texas, you may need to obtain permits and surveys from your local jurisdiction—including land surveys, tree surveys, HOA permits, and city/county permits. This regulatory red tape can usually be handled by your pool installation company but may increase the cost of your project.
- Decorative pool features. If you want to add water features, such as a waterfall, to your inground pool or decorative features such as custom tile work, this will add more cost and installation time to your swimming pool project. If you are adding a spa, decking, or landscaping services to your pool build, this will also increase the price.
- Mandatory fencing. In Texas, every swimming pool must have a fence surrounding the pool or yard that is a minimum of 54 inches high and has a self-locking gate. There are also requirements about gaps between the pickets and the maximum space allowed between the bottom of the fence and the ground. If your yard is not currently enclosed or your fence does not meet these requirements, you will need to add the cost of building a fence to your swimming pool cost.
- Maintenance. It is important to factor the cost of pool maintenance into the price of building an inground pool. Pool maintenance includes cleaning, maintaining the proper chemical balance, treating cracks and leaks, changing the filter, and regular equipment checks. Certain pool materials may require specific maintenance. For example, plaster pools must be brushed twice a day for the first 30 days after installation.
- Warranties. Getting a warranty on your pool materials or installation is a good way to prevent future costs in the event of malfunction or maintenance issue. For example, Austin Pool and Spa Builders offers a 7 Year Warranty with our plaster pools.
Austin Pool and Spa Builders is a leading pool construction company in Austin, TX. We’ve been in the construction industry for more than 15 years, building best outdoor kitchens, patios, and pools. Because we’re a local company with low overhead, we can generally beat national companies when it comes to pricing and find ways to save our customers money.