The greater Austin area is one of the most popular regions for swimming pools. There are more than half a million inground pools in Texas, and many of them are concentrated in the larger metropolitan areas such as Austin, Houston and Dallas. However, because large cities often have more regulations and red tape surrounding the installation of inground pools, some city dwellers are deterred from making the investment.
In suburbs of Austin such as Round Rock, though, regulations are more lax, which means a suburban homeowner can install a pool faster and often with less expense. A recent local news article found that inground pool projects are booming in the Round Rock area as homeowners look to add more value to their properties. Installing a swimming pool can add more than $50,000 worth of value to a home in the Austin area, according to Redfin.
If you live in Round Rock or the greater Austin area and have your eye on the perfect spot in your backyard for a cool and refreshing inground pool, you may be wondering how to take the first step toward finding a pool contractor. Here are five tips for finding a reputable pool builder who will get the job done right the first time.
- Ask for referrals. Referrals are one of the best ways to find a pool contractor in the Round Rock Area. Ask your friends and neighbors who they used to build their pools or do an online search to see who is highly rated in your area.
- Read reviews. It is important to review customer feedback about a potential pool builder before hiring them for your pool project. You may ask to see examples of completed pool projects or to speak with previous customers directly. Request the most recent references possible and wary of any negative reviews.
- Ask about warranties. Austin Pool and Spa Builders offers warranties on our workmanship and products, including a 7-year warranty on plaster. Before digging up your backyard, ask your pool builder what warranty they have and what the warranty covers.
- Comparison shop. Don’t settle for the first pool contractor you find online. Compare their services, reviews, and rates with other companies in the area before making your final decision.
- Trust your intuition. When interviewing pool contractors, you want to look for someone with whom you feel comfortable and trusting. Remember, installing an inground pool is a big investment, so you want to work with a pool company that is respectful, communicative and trustworthy.
Austin Pool and Spa Builders is a leading pool construction company in Austin, TX. We’ve been in the construction industry for more than 15 years, building best outdoor kitchens, patios, and pools. Because we’re a local company with low overhead, we can generally beat national companies when it comes to pricing and find ways to save our customers money.