If you are a homeowner in Pflugerville, rising home values in Central Texas may bring concerns about increasing property taxes and a higher cost of living. However, if you are considering selling your home in the near future or purchasing an investment property in the Pflugerville or greater Austin area, then you may be considering how to raise your property value so that you can get the most return on your investment when selling.
Pflugerville home values have gone up almost 50 percent over the past year and the average home in the Pflugerville area is now valued at around $499,750, according to Zillow. The Austin suburb was also rated one of the best places to purchase a rental property by Austin Monthly. According to the article, most renters in the Pflugerville area are families of three or more paying an average monthly rent of about $1,800, which equates to stable monthly income for landlords and property owners.
If you are looking to add value to your home in Pflugerville, Texas, here are five tips:
- Update finishes. Before selling your home, update the finishes to add more aesthetic appeal and value to the property. Even a fresh coat of paint can add about 5 percent more value to a house and is a relatively inexpensive task to complete.
- Add an inground swimming pool. According to Redfin, a swimming pool can add about $52,228 worth of value to a home in the Austin, Texas area. The hot climate and large lot sizes in Pflugerville make building an inground pool an ideal addition.
- Install energy efficient appliances. In Central Texas, the summer heat can make utility bills go through the roof. Potential buyers will be attracted to homes with energy efficient appliances that can potentially save energy costs. In addition, buyers in the Austin area, and millennial home buyers in particular, tend to be more environmentally conscious.
- Remodel the kitchen and bathrooms. Kitchens and bathrooms are some of the most used rooms in the house and also tend to deteriorate and age the quickest. By remodeling and updating a bathroom or kitchen in your home you can add about $50,000 or $100,000 worth of value, respectively.
- Add a deck or patio. The Pflugerville area enjoys warm autumns and mild winters, which means outdoor entertaining is an option nearly year round. By adding an outdoor entertaining space, such as a deck or patio, you can increase your home’s value
To learn more about how a pool or decking can increase your home’s value in Pflugerville and what it will cost to build, contact Austin Pool and Spa Builders today.
Austin Pool and Spa Builders is a leading pool construction company in Austin, TX. We’ve been in the construction industry for more than 15 years, building best outdoor kitchens, patios, and pools. Because we’re a local company with low overhead, we can generally beat national companies when it comes to pricing and find ways to save our customers money.